Pull that inside fastball for a base hit with expert baseball tips in this free sports instruction video clip.
Today I'm going to show you how to hit a fastball. In this segment we're going to teach how to hit an inside pitch. An inside pitch for any hitter is probably the most difficult pitch to recognize into hit the ball hard. Two things have to occur one recognize the pitch, to able to get the hands inside and tucked in your body and be able to turn your body far enough and open your hits towards left field in order to hit the ball effectively. As the pitch is coming a tip that only hitters do once they recognize the pitch, is to slightly step outside to open up your hits right away. The second thing is tucking in your hands and standing at just the right point to make contact with the ball. If you extend your arms on the inside pitch, you are more likely to hit the ball at this area of the bat and you'll get an ineffective ground ball or ineffective solid hit from this position. You always want to make contact right here. The only way to do it is to make sure you tuck in your hands and turn that body towards left field and hit the ball on the sweet spot.
- How to Time a Fastball
- What Bat to Use to Hit a Fastball
- Common Mistakes in Hitting Fastballs
- How to Choke Up on a Baseball Bat
- How to Shift your Weight to Hit a Baseball
- Counts when Fastballs are Thrown
- How to Hit an Outside Fastball
- How to Hit an Inside Fastball
- How to Hit a Low Fastball
- How to Hit a Fastball Down the Middle
- How to Hit a Baseball
- Batting Stances & Body Techniques