Focusing your mind for yoga meditation can be difficult with all the thoughts running through your head. Learn how to find focus with tips from a yoga instructor in this free yoga meditation video.
Some people wonder how to focus your mind. How do I meditate? How do I focus the mind, clear my head, and get rid of all the extra thoughts. Your mind always goes, you'll never completely clear it. But one way to focus your energy and your inner vision as you close your eyes to meditate is to focus on an object such as a candle. And this is called candle gazing. So just take a moment to settle in, let your shoulder blades drop down and back, you chin slightly drop down. You can place the candle in front of you on the floor wherever is natural for your gaze to go as your chin is tilted forward. And then just let your eyes focus in on the candle as your breathing relaxes your body, watch the flame and take it in. And slowly, as you're ready close your eyes and take that image of that candle into your third eye or your inner eye, and allow your mind to focus on the bright flame of the candle. Let the warmth of the candle surround your body. And let the breathing go into its natural but deeper state. And if you need to open your eyes and re-look at the candle, you can do so as many times as you need. And this will help center your mind and focus your thoughts on one particular object as you begin to meditate.
- Chants for Yoga Exercises
- Guided Meditation for Yoga Exercises
- Centering for Yoga Exercises
- Yoga Moving Meditation
- Counting Breaths for Yoga Meditation
- Setting Intentions for Yoga Meditation
- Alternate Nostril Breathing for Meditation
- 3 Part Yoga Breathing for Meditation
- Yoga Breathing for Meditation
- Yoga Ocean Breath for Meditation
- Finding Focus for Yoga Meditation
- Benefits of Meditation
- Comfortable Seating for Yoga Meditation