The virtual paper doll game and social networking web site Stardoll has a creative design feature called StarDesign. This feature is a presented as two design studios, the Fashion Design studio and the Interior Design studio, as well as a workspace. In the workspace, users can design and create fabric, fashion outfits and accessories, and MeDoll Suite dÃ©cor. You can buy these items to dress your MeDoll paperdoll or place in your MeDoll's Suite. You can also sell the items in the Stardoll StarBazaar for Stardoll Starcoins and Stardollars currency through your My Bazaar shop.
- Skill level:
Select "Design & Sell" on the bar under the "My Page" tab on Stardoll. Select "Fashion Design" or "Interior Design" to go to one of the studios.
Click the open notebook marked "Start!" to access the workspace.
Design a fabric weave and colour. Click a fabric weave swatch above the fabric on the right side of the screen. Click a fabric colour swatch on the left side of the screen.
Click and drag a fabric pattern from the options at the top of the screen to the fabric design area at the centre of the screen to add a pattern to your fabric.
Select the "Size" wheel, marked with a magnifying glass, and then click and drag the needle along the ruler to shrink or enlarge the pattern. Click the "Rotate" wheel, which is marked with "360" and an arrow, and then move the needle left or right to rotate the pattern in either direction. Click the "Transparency" wheel, which is marked with three circles, and move the needle left or right to make the pattern more or less transparent on the fabric.
Alter the pattern shape and complexity by clicking on one of the three pattern shapers on the right side of the fabric design area. Create a mirror image of any pattern you design by clicking the "Mirror Effect" button under the shapers. When finished designing the fabric, click the "Choose" button.
Select and drag a semitransparent line-drawn item pattern from the book on the left side of the screen to the fabric. Reposition the pattern on the fabric as desired. If you don't like the fabric pattern, colour or weave, select "Edit Pattern" to return to the fabric design area and redesign the fabric.
Click the "Sew" button to create the item. The new item will appear in the studio on a dressmaker mannequin (Fashion Design studio) or on the floor (Interior Design studio).
Select a bolt of fabric under "My fabrics" to create another item using the same fabric, or select the notebook to create something new. If you're a Superstar member and want to buy one of the items you created, click the item in the studio and follow the prompts.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't like a finished item or fabric, click and drag it to the rubbish bin.
- If you want to add a predesigned print to a finished fashion item, click and drag the item to the shelf area below the "Fashion Design" sign to open the apply print design work space. To apply a print, click and drag it to the item, and then click "Print" to affix it. To erase it, click the "Erase Print" button. When finished, click "StarDesign" to return to the studio.
- Although free Stardoll account holders can design up to six items at a time, you can't purchase items unless you're a paid Superstar account holder or you've received a one-day trial Superstar membership.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for