Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL owners have access to a number of downloadable games via the Nintendo DSi Shop. These downloadable games are called DSi Ware and can either be saved directly to your system's internal hard drive or onto an external flash memory card. Some of the DSi Ware programs and demos are available free of charge, while most games much be purchased using Nintendo DSi Points. The instructions to download DSi Ware onto your system are applicable to both the Nintendo DSi and Nintendo DSi XL.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Connect your system to a Wi-Fi connection if you have not already done so. Click on the "System Settings" option from the main menu and select the Wi-Fi settings to automatically detect a Wi-Fi signal.
Click on the icon for the DSi Ware store from the main menu to connect.
Purchase DSi Points using a credit or debit card by typing the number in directly from your system. You can also purchase prepaid DSi Points cards at your local game retailer.
Browse the DSi Shop for a title you would like to purchase.
Click on the game to purchase it using your DSi Points. The game will automatically download to your system's internal hard drive or external flash drive depending on which location you select.
Tips and warnings
- If you have unused Wii Points or a prepaid Wii Points card, you can use your points in the DSi Ware shop.
- Do not turn the system off until the game has finished downloading to avoid accidental data loss or corruption.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for