The most important part about making couple bracelets is that it can be worn by both partners. In a heterosexual relationship, men may not want to wear the type of friendship bracelets that women would. By choosing a type and design that is unisex, you can create couple bracelets that both partners will want to wear. Make one for yourself and your partner, or make them together on a rainy day.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Simple brown leather band or strap
- Acrylic paint
- Fine-tipped paintbrush
- Leather hole punch
Purchase two simple brown leather straps or bands from the jewellery section of a crafts store. They should be at least half an inch in width. Purchase all other supplies, if you do not already have them. Choose one or more paint colours to paint on the leather with.
Use the leather hole punch to punch a hole in one end of the leather strap.
Punch a hole on the other side of the leather strap. These holes will be used to close the bracelet and wear it.
Paint the initials or names of the partners on the bracelet. Allow the paint to dry.
Feed a piece of string through one of the punched holes. Tie it off with a knot so that the string is kept in place.
Slip the bracelet around your wrist. Feed the piece of string through the other punched hole to tighten and close off the bracelet. Tie it off with a knot to keep the bracelet in place.
Tips and warnings
- For a couple bracelet, you may want to paint the initials of each partner onto the centre of the bracelet, with a small painted heart in between the initials. On the other hand, you may want to simply put the name of your partner on your bracelet. Use all upper case letters, all lower case letters or a combination of both.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for