The Xbox 360 has the built-in capability to stream media from your iTunes library on your PC. You can access all of the media files available on your PC using your Xbox 360, allowing you to listen to music, look at photos or watch movies from iTunes. iTunes can also be streamed from a Mac to your Xbox 360 by using third-party solutions such as Connect 360, which indexes your libraries and allows you to browse and play your media.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wireless Internet Connection
- Connect 360 (for a Mac)
Open iTunes. Select any song from your iTunes. Right-click on the song and select "Show in Windows Explorer." Write down the path from the address bar in Windows Explorer. For example "User > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > Name of Artist > Name of Song > Name of Album." Close Windows Explorer and iTunes.
Open Windows Media Player. Scroll down to tasks and go to Settings and Library Setup. Select "Add Folder to Watch." Select "Add folders on this computer" and click "Next."
Navigate to the path from Windows Explorer. Select the folder from the path you wrote down. Select "Next," then "Finish."
Return to Windows Media Center. All of the music from your iTunes library is now in the Music folder.
Open the Music Library on the Xbox 360. Select the album. The music from your iTunes library should be there.
Select a song. Click "Play Song." Now you can listen to music while you play games on your Xbox 360.
Download Connect 360. Navigate to the Nullriver website. Click on either the free trial or the paid download. Save to your computer.
Open the System Preferences panel. Select "Connect360" from the "Other" category. The Connect 360 window will appear. Click "Start." Click "Allow" to grant Connect 360 permission to do the configuration. Connect 360 will catalogue your iTunes, iPhoto and Movies folder. Once the configuration is complete, all of your media files should be detected and appear in the Active Services box.
Turn on your Xbox 360. Sign in with your gamer profile. Connect 360 should detect your Xbox 360 and in the Discovered Devices box.
Go to My Xbox on your Xbox. Go to the Music Library on the Xbox 360 Dashboard and press "A" on the controller. Your Mac will be listed in the available media sources. Select your Mac as the source by pressing the "A" button. You can follow the same steps to access your movies and photos.
Select a song, photo or video. Scroll through the songs, videos or photos in each library. Select the file you want to access and press "A."
Tips and warnings
- Connect 360 has several options that can be customised. Click on the "Settings" button. You will be able to set options for Library updating and many other components.
- Connect 360 has two options for download. If you download the free trial, you will only be able to store 100 songs, photos or videos. It is intended to let the user try the program before deciding whether or not to buy it. The paid download offers enough storage for all of your media files.
- Cataloguing your libraries may take extra time the first time you launch Connect 360. From then on, Connect 360 will update the catalogue only if you make additions or changes to your media collection, decreasing the time it takes to launch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for