Loading sound effects into SAM Broadcaster 2 is a straightforward process. Sound effects appear on special buttons in the SAM interface and allow you to play them over a track or voice with a simple click. It's a great way to add personality and originality to your broadcasts.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open your playlist window in SAM Broadcaster. If it is not already visible, click "Window" and then select "Playlist" from the menu at the top.
Click the "Special" folder in the playlist window, then the "Sweepers" folder, and then "Sound FX."
Create any special categories you like under the Sound FX category to organise your sound effects by clicking the "New Folder" option under the "+" button.
Click the "+" button with the desired category selected and choose "Add Files." Select the files you wish to add to that category.
In the Sound FX window, click the "Category" drop-down list to choose the category of sound effects you wish to use. The buttons should auto-populate with your selection.
Tips and warnings
- Group your sound effects based on genre, such as comedy, to make them easy to find.
- Keep sound effects short and sweet for less intrusive broadcasting.
- Sound effects are great for transitions between songs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for