Cockroach droppings, also referred to as specks, are the size of a coffee ground or tiny grain of rice. One or two droppings can easily go unnoticed, but a collection of them indicates a cockroach infestation in your home. Once the cockroaches are exterminated, it's important to include removal of roach droppings in the cleanup process. The presence of cockroach droppings has been linked to asthma, making it extremely important to get rid of the waste, particularly when children are present in the home.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Pine-based disinfectant cleaner
- Rubber gloves
- Clean cloths
Vacuum to remove cockroach droppings. Start at the highest places, such as on top of cabinets and appliances, and work your way down.
Use hose attachments to vacuum inside cupboards, under appliances and in any cracks and crevices where you have seen cockroaches. Vacuum floors, carpets and upholstery to remove all traces of roach droppings.
Mix pine-based disinfectant cleaner in a bucket with 1 gallon of hot water. Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from direct exposure to cockroach dropping residue.
Wash down all surfaces, starting at the top of the cabinets, to remove allergens left by roach droppings. As the cleansing liquid starts to look dirty, change to a fresh batch of cleanser. Clean the inside and outsides of cabinets, countertops, appliances and flooring.
Tips and warnings
- Cleanliness is the most effective way to prevent and eliminate roach infestations. When you remove their sources of food and water, cockroaches cannot continue to live in your home. Keep the house clean, while employing insecticide products, to rid your home of the pests and their droppings.
- If you don't exterminate the cockroaches, droppings will continue to reappear. Consult a professional exterminator or set up commercial roach bait traps to get rid of the infestation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for