Showing your appreciation through a certificate can be a great gift and a good motivator. Luckily, they're relatively simple to create and can be done for free. There are numerous ways to do this. One way is to search for free printable appreciation certificates online. This way however, may require you to sign up for a website or have some other unpleasantness -- or create a printable appreciation certificate through free Microsoft Office templates, which is relatively painless.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on your computer and open up your Internet browser. Type Office.Microsoft.com into the web address area.
After the site has loaded, locate the search box in the upper right side of your screen, and type in "certificate of appreciation."
Wait for the search to load. Locate the top template results (this should be near the top of the search) and select "more" to display all of the results. Microsoft has template options for PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word.
Browse over the template options, then select your desired one by clicking on its image. This will take you to the template's download page.
Click on the download button to retrieve your template. A box will pop up to ask you what to do with the file. Choose "Open with (default)," then OK.
Begin customising the template, once it opens, by typing in the recipient's name in the box that reads "Insert name here." If your template has other boxes, fill in those boxes as well.
Check over your work, making sure that everything is spelt correctly.
Click "File," then "Print" to print your customised certificate of appreciation.
Tips and warnings
- For a professional look, print the certificate on a heavier stock of paper and consider framing it.
- Some of the templates will not allow you to type in the date and your signature. Don't be alarmed. Many appreciation certificates follow this method. Physically writing in the date and adding your signature with ink may look more professional.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for