Are you searching for a nice-looking and comfortable way to lace up a new pair of shoes? Bar lacing is also referred to as straight, fashion, or Lydiard lacing and is a stylish and neat way to lace shoes. This lacing style eliminates visible diagonals and compared to other lacing styles, relieves pressure and discomfort from feet. Bar lacing can be done on various shoe types, including skating shoes, men's fashion shoes and even office shoes. Become familiar with a convenient and fashion-forward lacing style that is straightforward and quick to do.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Put both ends of the shoelaces into the first pair of eyelets, towards the top of the shoe. Face the laces downward to form the first bar. Both sides of the lace should end up inside of the shoe.
Insert the left side of the shoelace from the bottom to top into the left eyelet in the next row.
Insert the same lace across to the right side of the same row, this will form another bar.
Skip one eyelet and insert the left side of the lace into the next eyelet hole, push the lace up and through the eyelet. With the right side of the lace, fill in the skipped eyelet. The two sides of the shoelace should now be positioned on the same side.
Loop the side of the lace that is facing out into the next eyelet hole.
Continue on with the same process of lacing and filling in the skipped eyelets with the lace positioned on the right side until the shoe is laced up completely.
Tips and warnings
- Although bar lacing works best on shoes with an even number of eyelet pairs, with a minor extra step, bar lacing can also be done on shoes with an uneven number of eyelet pairs.
- If you're bar lacing on a pair of shoes with an odd number of eyelet pairs, you can skip the top or bottom pair of eyelets.
- Once you complete the bar lacing, there are various things you can do with the excess lace. Shoelaces can be tied behind the tongue, knotted and cut off, secured with an ordinary tie or if possible, you can push the excess laces in the removable foot bed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for