Fake teeth can be exactly what a vampire, werewolf or hillbilly costume needs to complete the look. However, the look may be lost, if the teeth do not stay in place. Fangs that slide around and fall down look anything but menacing. Using denture adhesive can help the fake teeth stick in place. With a few drops of the adhesive, there will be no need to worry about the fake teeth.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Denture cream
Add drops of denture cream to the fake teeth. Add a drop in the back, on the sides and front. Spread a thin layer on individual fangs -- just where they will come in contact with your teeth. Pea-sized drops work best, and will not leave behind too much residue.
Place the teeth in your mouth carefully. Keep your mouth closed or hold the teeth in place as the adhesive dries. Follow the manufacturer's directions for drying times. Avoid excessive eating or drinking with the teeth. The food and drink can wear away the adhesive.
Fill a cup with water as hot as you can handle. Stir in a teaspoon of salt. Swish around the salt water to remove some of the adhesive when you are done wearing the teeth. Mouthwash can be substituted for the salt water. Brushing gently with a toothbrush can help remove any stubborn adhesive that remains.
Tips and warnings
- Do not apply too much or the teeth will be difficult to move. Less is more.
- Keep the denture cream handy. If you are talking or do decide to eat something, you may need to reapply the cream.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for