Photo posts on Tumblr allow you to add captions to your photos but not titles. To add a title to your photos you'll have to create a text post and upload your photo into the body of your text post. When you upload photos to Tumblr your photos are limited to 500 pixels by 700 pixels. Animated images cannot be more than 500 pixels wider or larger than 512 kilobytes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Go to your Tumblr dashboard and click the "Text" post icon at the top of your dashboard. You can also access this page directly by going to tumblr.com/new/text.
Enter the title of your post in the "Title" text box.
Click "Upload Photo" in the right corner above the text editor toolbar. Choose the photo that you want to upload to your post. You can add multiple pictures to the body of your text post by using the "Upload Photo" option.
Preview your post by clicking "Preview," and "Create Post" when your post is complete.
Tips and warnings
- Pictures may be resized into clickable thumbnails when followers view your post on their dashboard. Clicking these thumbnails will make the photo larger on the dashboard without redirecting to your blog page.
- If you add externally hosted pictures to your post they will not appear on your follower's dashboard; instead your followers will see a grey box that they can click to view your picture on your Tumblr page.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for