If you like to crochet animals and dolls, make crochet eyes yourself instead of buying ready-made plastic ones. Eyes made out of yarn or crochet thread lend a more realistic look and blend in better with a crocheted toy. If you have a lot of scrap yarn, making crochet eyes is a great way to use it up. Eyes made from crochet thread are also child safe because they do not have plastic parts that can come off.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Black yarn or crochet thread
- White yarn or crochet thread
- Size H crochet hook
Use black crochet thread and chain two stitches for the base of the eye.
Make six single crochet stitches in the second chain stitch from the hook.
Use white crochet thread and make two single crochet stitches into each stitch. Fasten off the yarn and cut away the excess.
Tips and warnings
- Make more rounds if you want the eye to be larger.
- For smaller eyes, fasten off the crochet thread after the first step.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for