Adobe InDesign is a professional digital publishing application where you can freely make layouts using various templates for printing or digital distributing. Its interface lets you import various file types including PNG or Portable Network Graphic files to InDesign documents for placement and manipulation. PNG files support more colours than GIF files and have smaller file sizes than TIFF files. PNG files still support transparency like GIF and TIFF image formats, giving them an advantage over JPEG files if transparency is important. Use PNG files to import to your InDesign document if you want the benefits of transparency without increasing the overall size of your package too much when you finalise it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Launch Adobe InDesign from the Start menu. Click "File," and select "New" to create a new InDesign document. Choose any option there that best suit your preferences. No matter what options you select, you can use and import PNG files. Click "Open" instead of "File" and locate the InDesign document you wish to open if you want to add PNG files to an existing document.
Click the "File" menu again and click "Place." Locate the PNG file you wish to use in InDesign and double-click it.
Click on the area within your InDesign document to place the PNG file. Adobe InDesign will place the PNG file on the exact location where you clicked.
Tips and warnings
- Left-click the PNG file you just imported and drag to reposition the image.
- Left-click the PNG file so you can see the handles and then right-click the PNG file to see some options that you can use to manipulate the image.
- In the "Place" dialogue box, tick the "Show Import Options" check box and double-click on the PNG file that you want to import to bring up another dialogue box where you can set additional options. This is useful if you want to disable PNG transparency.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for