Whether you have a PlayStation card with money on it or an invitation to test a game before it comes out, you'll most likely have to enter a code. PlayStation codes are 12-digit combinations of numbers and letters, all of which are usually found in video game booklets, your e-mail and other places depending on how and where you received your codes. Finding the option to redeem codes on a PS3 is a painless process that will take a minute at most to accomplish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sub or master account for PlayStation Network
Turn on your PlayStation 3 and wait for it to boot up to the first screen under the "Log In" tab. A list of your accounts should appear under the "turn off system" and "create new user" options. Select any account under which to redeem your code.
Navigate with your directional pad or analogue stick to the tab that reads "PlayStation Network" on the horizontal media bar. If you haven't already signed in, then the options should consist of "Sign In," "What's New," and "PlayStation Store." If you're signed in already, then the first option should be "Account Management," in which case you may skip to Step 4.
Press the X button on your control pad twice to sign in to your account. If this doesn't work, then check your router or modem to ensure that everything is connected properly.
Select the '"Account Management" option. It will be the first option under the "PlayStation Network" tab. A sub-menu should pop out with the options "Account Information," "Sub Account Management," "Redeem Codes," "Transaction Management," "System Activation" and "Facebook."
Select the "Redeem Codes" option and enter the code of your desired product. Codes can usually be found in video game booklets, your e-mail and other places depending on how and where you received your codes. When the code has gone through, the product you're redeeming should appear in your download list. Press X on your control pad to select the product you want to download and begin downloading it.
Tips and warnings
- PlayStation's maintenance times may exclusively focus on the PlayStation Store. Because redeeming a code allows you to download your product through the PlayStation Store, this means you may not redeem your code until maintenance is finished.
- Promotion codes for PlayStation are case sensitive, so enter them exactly as you see them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for