Having the wrong birth date on your PayPal account can be frustrating, especially if it is a simple typo. Unfortunately, PayPal does not have a specific avenue to change your date of birth. One way to submit the correct paperwork and correct the error is to use the Name Change page. PayPal offers a way to upload copies of your documents, along with a cover page stating the reasons for the change. This works to change your date of birth as well; then you simply wait for PayPal to review the information.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Driver's license or photo ID
- Birth certificate
- Cover letter
- Internet connection
Scan copies of your driver's license and birth certificate, then write a cover letter explaining that you would only like to change your date of birth. Keep the documents in a place you can easily access, such as your desktop.
Log in to your PayPal account and click "Help," which is at the very top of the page next to Log Out.
Type the question: "How do I change the name on my Personal/Premier PayPal account?" in the search box, then click the link that matches the question. On the answer page, click the "Secure Form" link.
Select "Personal Name Change (incorrect at signup or minor name change)" on the Name Change form, then click "Continue."
Select "No" for the question: "Is this a minor typographical change?" and click "Continue."
On the Personal Name Change page, click the "Upload" button. Under "Find and Upload Files," click "Choose File" for each of your documents, then find it on your desktop and click "Open."
Select the type of file from the drop-down menu and add a short description of the document, then click "Upload File." When finished, click "Send Files" at the bottom of the screen.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer to fax, click "Continue To Fax Cover Sheet" on the Personal Name Change page. Enter in a note about changing your birth date, then click "Print Page." Fax the cover sheet along with your documents to the PayPal fax number.
- PayPal may limit or freeze your account if you are under 18.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for