How to change a Yahoo! Mail address
The only way to change your Yahoo! Mail email address is to register a new one. You can cancel your current account and register for a new Yahoo! Mail account. Or, if you prefer, you can keep it and simply register for a new account. Yahoo! Mail now also offer email addresses with the suffixes of ymail.
com and rocketmail.com, in addition to yahoo.com.
- The only way to change your Yahoo!
- Or, if you prefer, you can keep it and simply register for a new account.
Sign in to your current Yahoo! Mail account. To cancel this account and register for a new Yahoo! Mail account, pull down the “Options” menu located at the top far right of your email screen. A new screen will pop up. Click on “Accounts” from the menu on the left.
Log out of Yahoo! and close your Internet browser window completely. Reopen your browser and log in to yahoo.com. Click on the “Sign Up” button. Fill in the fields for your name, gender, birthday, country and postcode.
- Sign in to your current Yahoo!
- Click on “Accounts” from the menu on the left.
Choose a username; this will also be the prefix in your email address. Click the “Check” button to make sure it has not yet been taken by another user. Create and confirm a password for your new Yahoo! Mail account. Select two security questions and respective answers. Enter the text code and click on “Create Account.” Yahoo! Mail will send you a verification code to your email address to confirm the newly-created account. Copy and paste the code into the indicated field on the included confirmation page. After you confirm your new account, you can begin using your new email address immediately.
- Choose a username; this will also be the prefix in your email address.
- Mail will send you a verification code to your email address to confirm the newly-created account.
- Prior to cancelling email accounts, make sure everyone whom you want to continue corresponding with has your new email address. Also, be sure to forward any important messages to a different email address. Download all files and attachments you want to keep and save them to your computer or a portable drive. These will make your transition over to your new account a smooth one.
- If you change your mind and decide you want the same email address back, you will have to re-register for it again. Any folders and files you may have had previously will need to be recreated. Note, however, that once you have cancelled an account, the email address you just cancelled automatically becomes subject to availability. If someone beats you to re-registering the email address, Yahoo! will notify you that it has been taken.
As a former online magazine editor, Charisse Esmeralde ran her own publication for six years. She joined Demand Studios as a writer in 2009, and her articles have been published in eHow.com. Esmeralde is also an expert navigator around MySpace and Facebook communities.