Craft lace is packaged in small skeins. It is plastic and comes in a wide variety of colours. Use this craft lace to make lanyards or bracelets. Kids like to make bracelets for themselves and for their friends using the craft lace. While you can choose from one of many different styles of bracelets, a basic weave is the easiest to start with. It uses two pieces of craft lace woven back and forth over top of each other.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
- Craft lace
- Circle ring
- Clip ring
Measure around your wrist so that the measuring tape is as tight or as loose as you want the bracelet. Quadruple this measurement for cutting lengths of the craft lace.
Cut two lengths of two different colours of the craft lace.
Arrange the two lengths of craft lace together so that they form a "T" in the middle of the lace. Place the circle ring in the middle. Hold the ring with your thumb until you make a few loops.
Number the different ends of the craft lace. Number the top and bottom lengths 1 and 3. Number the sides 2 and 4.
Loop ends 1 and 3 over each other and the circle ring. Then loop ends 2 and 4 over each other. Pull the ends tightly as you work.
Keep working the ends back and forth over each other until you have the desired length that will fit comfortably around your wrist.
Loop a clip ring through the ends of the craft lace. Tie the ends of the lace in a double knot and then trim off the excess.
Heat the knot with a lighter to melt the plastic slightly, making the ends of the bracelet more secure.
Clip the clip ring to the circle ring to wear the bracelet.
Tips and warnings
- Weave some small beads into the braid to make your bracelet more decorative. Add a bead, then braid a few more times before adding the next one.
- Pull the lengths of plastic firmly when doing the weaving. This takes a little practice to get the pressure just right. If you need help holding the bracelet tightly while you weave the craft lace, use a safety pin hooked through the edge and then pinned into your trousers leg or the arm of the couch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for