A plain cushion can be transformed to a decorative piece with the use of beads. Cushions add comfort and serve as accessories when placed on sofas, chairs and other room furniture. The addition of beads to these soft pieces give a decorative boost to a room. When beading, keep in mind the use of the cushion. Adding beads to the centre of a cushion intended for sitting may make it useless.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fabric pencil
- Hot glue
- Hot glue gun
Select a stencil or pattern for the bead work. Trace the stencil onto the cushion using a fabric pencil.
Choose beads to fill the pattern. Select sizes and colours appropriate for the design and colour of the cushion and surrounding decor.
Heat hot glue in a hot glue gun until it reaches the right temperature for use.
Add one drop of hot glue to a bead and press in place on the cushion. Hold for several seconds before releasing.
Repeat the process of adding glue to beads and pressing onto the pattern until complete.
Tips and warnings
- Wipe away any excess glue immediately to prevent glue balls from forming around and between the beads.
- Using too much glue will cause a wet appearance around the beads. Use only a very small amount on each bead.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for