Whether dressing as a scholarly nerd for Halloween or for a themed party, a pair of nerd glasses will accent your existing outfit. Many believe that typical nerd glasses replicate those worn by Steve Urkel from the 90s sitcom "Family Matters," Harry Potter and Waldo from "Where's Waldo." Some people are wearing nerdy glasses as a trendy fashion statement opposed to only a Halloween costume accessory.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Black spray paint
- Parchment paper
- White electrical tape
Purchase a pair of very inexpensive square-type sunglasses from a discount store and pop the lenses out very carefully. Glasses received when seeing a 3-D movie at the theatre also work well for nerd glasses.
Place the lens-free glasses on a paper towel outside of your home and paint them black using spray paint. If you are worried about getting paint on the grass or patio, consider using a dust sheet from your garage or an old sheet. Leave the glasses in the sun to dry.
Apply a second coat of paint to the glasses and allow them to dry again.
Wrap a 6 inch piece of white electrical tape around the centre of the glasses, between the lens areas, where they rest on bridge of your nose.
Tips and warnings
- Other colours may be used instead of black.
- Skip the painting steps if the sunglasses are already black.
- Perfectly round sunglasses, like Harry Potter wears, can be used in lieu of the rounded-point square glasses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for