After mixing batter, baking to perfection and frosting with pillows of sugar, the last thing anyone would want is for cupcakes to get smashed. With a few simple tools that problem can be easily avoided and cupcakes can be delivered intact to their recipient. The best part is, the necessary tools are relatively inexpensive and the process is quite easy to do.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Shallow cardboard box
- Piece of cardboard
Using the box-cutter, trim the piece of cardboard so that it fits horizontally in the cardboard box.
Remove the piece of cardboard from the box. Place it flat on a table and trace the bottom of a cupcake. Expand the circle, by tracing it 1/4 in. larger all around. Leave 2 in. space and repeat until there are enough circles for all the cupcakes.
Cut out the centre of the expanded circles using the box cutter. Discard the circles.
Place the piece of cardboard back into the box with about 1 in. space from the bottom.
Carefully place the cupcakes into the circular holes and cover the top of the box.
Building Cupcake Box
Tips and warnings
- Choose a box large enough to fit all the cupcakes in one layer. Glue or tape can be used to hold the insert in place.
- Box-cutters are very sharp and should be handled with caution.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for