After you have finished a book, donating it provides others with the opportunity to enjoy the same material. With Christian books there are many options regarding donation. Some organisations send books overseas to help spread the word of Christianity, while others keep the books local to fill church libraries and other places seeking to fill shelves. Some books are used to raise funds for missionaries or other church organisations through used book sales. No matter what the use, donating these books helps spread the word of God.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Packing materials
Choose a goal for your literature. This helps narrow down the options when it comes to donating your books. If you are interested in reaching faraway people who might not otherwise know the word of God, then select an international organisation. If you are interested in furthering the goals of a local church, then find a local church or organisation willing to accept book donations.
Research local and international options for Christian literature donation. The Christian Library International is one of the largest organisations. Mail the books to the central hub in North Carolina (3800 Hillcrest Drive, Raleigh, NC 27610; 919-212-8122). Books are distributed from there.
Ask local churches if there is a need within the congregation or if the church hosts a library. Often times, churches and church libraries rely entirely on donations.
Check the specifications for donations. Some organisations only want bibles, while other facilities take all types of Christian literature. Call or check the organisation's website to find out what types of materials the organisation accepts.
Pack up the books for delivery. If you have many books to donate, use smaller boxes to make transporting them easier.
Drop off the books or mail the boxes to the desired location.
Tips and warnings
- If you are mailing boxes, send them media mail for a less expensive shipping method.
- Keep a log of the number of books you donate, as you can use them as a charitable donation write-off at the end of the tax year.
- Line the boxes with bubble wrap or a padding of paper to keep them from getting beat up on the journey.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for