Skirt steak is considered one of the most flavourful cuts of beef available in the market today. If cooked incorrectly, however, it can become incredibly tough. It is important to cook the meat with low heat and slowly to preserve whatever tenderness the meat has.There is no lower and slower cooking method around than the slow cooking crock pot. A skirt steak, some vegetables and herbs and a couple of hours will net you an excellent dinner.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Skirt steak, trimmed of fat and chopped into bite sized pieces
- Vegetable oil
- Carrots, sliced
- Celery, sliced
- Garlic cloves, chopped
- Spices and herbs to taste
- Onion, sliced
- Beef stock
- Potatoes, cubed
Brown the steak in a skillet. This gives the meat colour and helps seal in juices.
Put the carrots, celery, garlic, spices and herbs and onions into the slow cooker. Put the browned meat into the pot. Pour enough beef stock into the cooker to fill it halfway and cook on low for 2 hours.
Add the potatoes half way through the cooking process.
Tips and warnings
- Bring your steak to room temperature before cooking for maximum flavour.
- Don't add the potatoes at the same time as the meat; they will fall apart if cooked too long.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for