The Little Tikes playground is a brightly coloured outdoor play set that offers children hours of climbing, crawling and sliding fun. It is relatively easy to assemble, but the manufacturer recommends that two adults perform this task because of the size of the pieces. After you put it together, take a little time to show your kids what they should and shouldn't do while playing on the set.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Block of wood
- Hammer or rubber mallet
- Safety glasses
Match the letters on the bottom corners of the walls. For example, match the two walls with the letter A at the bottom.
Raise the wall that has hooks, and insert the hooks into the corresponding openings in the other wall.
Push down on the hook-bearing wall to lock the walls together.
Match the walls lettered B and C and assemble them in the same way.
Use a block of wood and a hammer or rubber mallet when connecting the last two walls, those lettered D, to pound the hooks into the openings.
Assembling the Walls
Put the tunnel bottom, which is the tunnel piece that has no pegs, on the shelf-like outcropping at the bottom of the wall with the bubble window.
Place a 1-5/8 inch bolt and bolt cover in each hole inside the tunnel bottom, and tighten each with a screwdriver. Do not over tighten or the bolt covers will not close.
Place a 1-5/8 inch bolt and bolt cover in each hole underneath the tunnel, and tighten each with a screwdriver.
Put the tunnel top, which is the piece with pegs, on the shelf-like outcropping at the top of the wall with the bubble window.
Align the pegs on the inside edge of the tunnel with the holes in the walls at each end of the tunnel. Push down.
Put a 1-5/8 inch bolt and bolt cover in each hole in the tunnel top, and tighten each with a screwdriver.
Put a 1-5/8 inch bolt and bolt cover into each of the three holes in the tunnel top, and tighten each with a screwdriver.
Put a 1-5/8 inch bolt and bolt cover into the threaded bushings in the three holes in the tunnel bottom. The threaded bushings are pre-installed in the tunnel bottom. Tighten the bolts with a screwdriver.
Assembling the Tunnel
Maintain the playground by checking all of the bolts and cap nuts from time to time to ensure that they're tight, particularly at the start of each season of use. Make sure that the bolt covers are closed.
Disassemble the playground by taking the tunnel off first.
Pry the small hooks from the tops of the walls, using a slotted screwdriver if needed. Wear safety glasses for this task.
Maintaining and Disassembling the Playground
Tips and warnings
- Do not set the playground on a hard surface such as concrete, asphalt or packed dirt, since falls onto such surfaces could injure children.
- Place the playground on a level area at least 6 feet away from fences, buildings, tree branches, clothes lines or power lines.
- When the temperature is below 0 degrees, the plastic the playground is made of might become brittle and crack. Do not use the playground in these temperatures. Store the playground in a warm place that's protected from the weather. Do not let children climb on the playground while it's wet.
- Children should wear shoes and clothing that fits well while playing on the playground. Adults should supervise children at all times. The playground will accommodate up to eight children with a maximum weight of 45.4 Kilogram each.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for