Some women think that their dark eyebrows are too overpowering for their face. Lightening your brow colour is an option. But you must be careful if you bleach them, to not get harsh chemicals in your eyes that could harm your sight. A safe alternative to bleach is the use of natural herbs, such as chamomile and marigold. You can safely and effectively change your brow colour if you use lightening products such as bleach carefully -- or if you use herbs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pale yellow or ivory eye shadow
- Thin eyebrow applicator brush
- Light-coloured eyebrow pencil
- Translucent eyebrow gel
- Clarifying shampoo
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Cotton swabs
- Liquid organic chamomile
- Liquid marigold
- Small bowl
- Fresh lemon juice
- Soft cloth
Apply pale yellow or ivory-coloured eyeshadow on your brow to make them appear lighter.
Use an eyebrow pencil in a lighter shade to cover your eyebrows and tone down their natural colour.
Apply a translucent eyebrow gel, which will make your brows seem lighter.
Clean your eyebrows with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any impurities in them.
Mix three or four drops of hydrogen peroxide in a cup of warm water.
Apply the mixture to your eyebrows with a cotton swab and let it sit on them for 10 to 15 minutes. It's generally not recommended that you bleach your brows at home; it's best if a professional does them. If, however, you choose to do them yourself, take special care with this step to avoid getting peroxide in your eyes.
Rinse the mixture off, making sure you remove all traces of the hydrogen peroxide.
Mix together one teaspoon of chamomile and a teaspoon of marigold in a small bowl and add a few squirts of fresh lemon juice. Stir the ingredients with a spoon.
Dip an eyebrow applicator brush into the mixture and spread it onto your brows. Leave the mixture on for about 5 minutes.
Use a damp cloth to remove the mixture from your brows. The mixture will gradually lighten your eyebrows over the course of several weeks.
Repeat Steps 1 to 3 once a day for two to three weeks.
Tips and warnings
- Instead of using hydrogen peroxide to bleach your brows, you can use facial bleach, although hydrogen peroxide is considered safer. If you choose to use facial bleach, only keep it on your eyebrows for one minute.
- You can also use hair dye to lighten your eyebrows, but make sure you don't use the same shade you used to colour your hair. Opt for a shade that's slightly darker than your hair colour so that you still will have some contrast between your hair and brow shades.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for