Gloves are often worn by football players to help improve their ability to grip the ball. The palm and fingers of the gloves feature a tacky or sticky surface to help increase grip when sweat, rain, snow or cold are an issue. Due to normal use, the effectiveness of the tacky surface is reduced but the grip of synthetic-palm football gloves can be restored with some basic care.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Washing machine
- Non-bleach detergent
Start a washing machine on a small-load setting using cold water.
Add non-bleach washing powder to the washing machine. Follow the washing machine manufacturer's recommendation for detergent amount.
Remove obvious dirt and debris from the gloves before washing.
Place the gloves alone in the washing machine and complete the washing cycle.
Remove the gloves and place them in a warm, sunny location to dry thoroughly.
Tips and warnings
- The grip of all synthetic-palm gloves benefit from a cycle through a washing machine.
- Manufacturers do not recommend washing genuine leather-palm football gloves.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for