Mitsubishi Gas Chemical America's Anaero Pack Rectangular Jars, when used properly, create an enclosed atmosphere in which to generate atmospheric gas. Both the 2.5L and 7L jars are designed for use with Mitsubishi Gas Chemical America's Pack-Anaero, Pack-MicroAero and Pack-CO2 atmospheric gas packs. Unlike older models of atmospheric gas generating systems, the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar does not require the use of a catalysts, which make it quick and easy to use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Petri dish
Open the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar by flipping up the blue flaps on all four sides of the jar and then lifting off the lid.
Stack your microplates or petri dishes in the jar.
Tear open the Pack-Anaero, Pack-MicroAero or Pack-CO2's foil pouch starting from the top left-hand corner.
Remove the atmospheric gas sachet and place it immediately in the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar. The 2.5L capacity Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar only requires one sachet to reach optimal atmospheric conditions. The 7L capacity jar requires three.
Place the lid on the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar and flip the blue flaps down. Press until you hear them click into place. The sachet is designed to reach a residual atmosphere of less than 0.1% oxygen in one hour or less.
Tips and warnings
- "Standard," "Thin-Type" and "Large" Anaero Pack Rectangular Jars have two special side compartments. Put 20mL of water in the smaller side compartment to create humid anaerobic cultivation. Or place an anaerobic indicator in the compartment for anaerobic cultivation. Place the sachet(s) in the larger side compartment. Microplates and petri dishes go in the main compartment.
- Anaero Pack Rectangular Jars can withstand temperatures up to 140 degrees Celsius and down to -30 degrees Celsius.
- Do not place the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar in an autoclave.
- The anaerobic conditions in the container can create a vacuum. You may have to pull hard on one corner to release the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar's lid.
- Wash the Anaero Pack Rectangular Jar with warm soapy water. Debris reduces the effectiveness of the airtight seal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for