The Sleep Innovations Mattress Topper is made of memory foam, which is also known as visco elastic foam. NASA developed memory foam in the 1970s to help astronauts deal with extreme G-forces, and today it is used in mattresses, mattress toppers and pillows. Set aside 48 to 72 hours after bringing your Sleep Innovations Mattress Topper home before use; preparation is necessary to allow the memory foam to expand to its original size.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ventilated, flat surface area
- Mild and clear liquid soap
Take your packaged mattress topper to a well-ventilated area. Open the packaging carefully, using scissors if necessary.
Remove and unfold your mattress topper. Lay it on a flat surface. Leave the topper 48 to 72 hours to allow for full expansion, as recommended by the manufacturer.
Place the topper on top of your mattress. Make your bed as usual.
Dampen a cloth with water and apply one pea-sized dollop of clear liquid soap.
Clean the soiled spots and sections of your mattress topper by applying slight pressure, using small circular motions.
Rinse the cloth and reapply clear liquid soap when necessary.
Continue until all soil has lifted. Air dry completely before covering with linens.
Tips and warnings
- Sleep Innovations Mattress Toppers come in several thicknesses to suit your needs. If you're fitted bottom sheet no longer fits your bed after adding your topper, purchase deep fitted bottom sheets to accommodate your new mattress thickness (up to 27 inches).
- The memory foam may have a slight odour. This is normal and due to the manufacturing process, and the smell will dissipate within a few days. If you're sensitive to the new foam smell, leave the topper in the ventilated area an additional day or two until the smell subsides.
- Do not be concerned if the memory foam turns yellow as it ages; foam turns yellow as it oxidises, but it doesn't compromise its comfort or durability.
- This mattress topper is not machine-washable or machine-dryable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for