New, white bed sheets look fresh and inviting, but as soon as they start to turn grey or become stained they quickly lose their appeal. Fortunately, you can restore your sheets to their former glory and make them look as good as new again. Your sheets will stay whiter for longer if you wash white items separately from colours.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup boric acid or washing soda
- 1 cup automatic dishwasher soap
- 1/3 cup natural oxygen safe bleach
- Medium sized plastic dustbin
- Large plastic spoon
Add 1/2 lemon juice to the rinse cycle of a medium wash load. Hang your bed sheets outdoors to dry on the line.
Add 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar to the rinse cycle of a medium wash load to soften hard water and prevent the minerals turning white bed sheets grey.
Add 1/2 cup boric acid or washing soda to the rinse cycle of a medium load to brighten whites.
Mix 1 gallon hot water, 1 cup dry automatic dishwasher soap and 1/3 cup natural oxygen safe bleach in a medium sized plastic dustbin. Stir the mixture thoroughly with a large plastic spoon. Place your bed sheets into the mixture and leave them to soak for half an hour without agitating them. Remove the sheets from the can and place them in the washing machine. Add your usual washing powder and wash them in small loads.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for