A slushie is the perfect refreshing and thirst-quenching drink for a hot summer day. Buying slushies at a store or restaurant can get expensive, especially when buying them for the whole family to enjoy, and a home slushie-making machine is not cheap. But that does not mean that you can't enjoy slushies whenever you'd like. Homemade slushies made with a blender are cost-effective and delicious.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 cups ice water
- 1 small package (9.45gr) unsweetened powdered drink mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Long wooden spoon
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1 full minute.
Stop the blender, remove the lid and mix with a long wooden spoon. If all the ice is finely chopped, your slushie is ready to serve. If there are any ice cubes that are not finely chopped, replace the lid and blend on high for another full minute.
Serve immediately with a spoon and a straw, if desired. Initially, the slushie will be thick enough to require a spoon.
Tips and warnings
- Leftover slushies can be stored in the freezer.
- Experiment with different variations. Use cola instead of the powdered drink mix and sugar for a cola-flavoured slushie. Or try adding fresh fruit or a scoop of ice cream to the blender before blending.
- Young children should not handle blenders.
- Be sure that the blender has fully stopped before stirring with the wooden spoon, or the blades will chop the spoon and deposit splinters in the slushie.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for