Buck goat odour is one of the most foul smelling odours in the farm world. Most people new to buck goat ownership become quickly frustrated in attempting to find something that will wash away the smell of buck goat. Many times, people resort to harsh soaps only to discover the stink is still there and their skin has perhaps paid a price for the effort. You do not need a harsh soap to remove buck goat odour. Goat milk soap is the secret; gentle, efficient and inexpensive.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Goat milk soap
- Cheese grater
Wash your hands with goat milk soap. This very gentle soap is proven to be the most effective way to eliminate buck goat odours from your skin. You can even use it to wash your hair if you feel the smell has permeated your hair as well. The scent of goat milk soap does not matter, even unscented will do the job very nicely.
Wash your clothes in goat milk soap. To do this, shred your bar of goat milk soap with a cheese grater. You can use this alone or combine it with your regular washing powder. A half-cup of grated goat milk soap should suffice for a normal size load of laundry. If combining with your regular washing powder, use between 1/4 and 1/2 your normal amount of laundry soap.
Keep your buck goats away from your milking as it does help to prevent having a bucky smell and taste to your goat milk. This is the biggest reason many people are turned off by the taste of goat milk. If you must have a buck near your does for breeding or another temporary reason, do not use the goat milk for several days after they are seperated.
Tips and warnings
- If the goat is not to be used for breeding, neutering will get rid of the buck goat odour. Neutered buck goats, wethers, do not smell any different than a doe goat.
- Buck goats are affectionate creatures. Stock up on goat milk soap or make your own so they don't need to be denied human interaction and affection.
- As most soaps, goat milk soap included, are made using lye, a caustic ingredient, the cheese grater you use on goat milk soap should be reserved only for that purpose.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for