Apple's tablet computing device, the iPad, allows you to install software, or apps, designed for the iPad's touch-screen interface. Each application is designed for a specific purpose; for example, the "Photos" app is for browsing images saved on the iPad. Thousands of both free and paid apps are available for the iPad. Occasionally, you may want to remove a downloaded app from your iPad, and you can do so in a few quick taps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Locate the icon of the app you want to uninstall.
Press and hold the app icon. All of the app icons on the screen begin to shake.
Touch the "X" in the upper-left corner of the app icon. A message appears asking you to confirm the app removal.
Touch the "Delete" button.
Tips and warnings
- If you accidentally delete an iPad app that you meant to keep, you can always download it again. If you purchased the app, you will not be charged a second time when redownloading it.
- You cannot uninstall the default apps included with the iPad. Only apps that you have manually downloaded and installed yourself may be removed. Also, it's important to note that any data saved by an app, such as a saved game in an iPad game, will also be deleted when you delete the app.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for