Sew a simple over the chair organiser to hold a TV guide, the remote and anything else needed at the TV. Chair organisers are easy to make and produce usable space, so the remote is never lost again. Use a washable fabric, that coordinates with the upholstery, to create an easy to clean pouch for your couch.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 1 yard of washable fabric
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Gallon sized plastic bag
- Dried beans or beads
Cut the fabric to make one rectangle that is 12-by-34 inches and one square that is 16-by-16 inches. Fold the outer edges in half an inch all the way around, pin and iron. Sew the edges to prevent fraying.
Lay the rectangle that is now 11-by-33 inches flat, and lay the square that is now 15-by-15 inches at one end of it with the wrong sides facing. Match the edges around, pin, iron and sew around the outer edge.
Turn the piece right side out and lay flat. Turn with the rectangle wrong side up. Measure six inches from the top and fold with the wrong sides facing. Pin, iron and sew one short side and the long side.
Fill the bag with the beads or beans, squeeze as much air out of it as possible, seal the bag and roll it to fit into the channel just sewn. Make sure that all of the bag is inside the channel and hand stitch the end closed.
Tips and warnings
- Change the size of the fabric to better suit your chair.
- The beads or beans are used as a counterweight so the holder does not slide off the arm.
- Use the plastic bag so if the stitching comes out you don't spill the beans.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for