Cruising down the highway on a motorcycle is a thrill for many people. What can make the ride even better is listening to your favourite tunes with a stereo system. There are many stereo systems that you can purchase that come with speakers and a remote control to operate it. All you need to do to listen to your music is connect the device to your motorcycle's battery using the provided power cables.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Motorcycle stereo
Disconnect the battery from your motorcycle. Connect the stereo's positive power wire, usually red in colour, to the positive battery terminal on your motorcycle. Connect the negative, or ground wire, which is black in colour, to a piece of bare metal near the battery.
Connect the speaker wires running from the back of the speakers on your motorcycle. If the stereo came with its own speakers, you will be able to plug the speaker wire directly into the back of the stereo. If you are connecting the stereo to built-in speakers, pay attention to the labels on the back of the stereo to see the location each wire goes to.
Connect the remote control wire from the back of the stereo to the remote control unit if there is one. You can also connect the auxiliary out wires from the back of the stereo to an auxilary device, such as an amplifier or subwoofer if you have one. If not, do not connect these wires to anything.
Connect an item such as an iPod or MP3 player to the "Auxilary In" inputs on the back of the stereo with a set of RCA cables if you wish to play music from an outside source. If you do not have any of these items, do not connect anything to the "Auxilary Inputs." You may now reconnect the battery to your motorcycle and use the vehicle and the stereo.
Tips and warnings
- Depending on your model of stereo, the wiring instructions could differ slightly. Consult your user's manual before beginning installation.
- You can only install a stereo designed for use with motorcycles to a motorcycle battery. Do not attempt to install a standard car stereo, as you can cause damage to the motorcycle or the stereo.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for