Whether you are hosting a brunch or feeding a large family, a conventional oven will serve your purpose better than a toaster or toaster oven if you need to prepare a large amount of toast at once. The grill setting on a conventional oven produces toast in about the same amount of time as a toaster. Use regular sandwich bread, sliced French bread or any other type of bread you desire to make toast in the oven.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baking tray
- Butter (optional)
Position an oven rack at the highest position in the oven.
Turn the oven to broil and allow it to preheat completely before toasting the bread.
Place slices of bread on an ungreased baking tray.
Put the baking tray in the oven under the grill. Watch carefully and remove it from the oven as soon as the tops of the bread turn brown.
Turn the slices of bread over. If desired, butter the untoasted side of the bread and add seasonings such as herbs or a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Return the baking tray to the oven. Toast until the top of the bread is golden brown and remove from the oven.
Tips and warnings
- Line the baking tray with aluminium foil if you are adding toppings to the bread to make cleanup easier.
- Keep an eye on the bread the entire time it is in the oven -- it can take less than two minutes to toast bread under a grill.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for