You rely on your closet as a place to keep your clothes neat and fresh. But if your closet starts to have an unpleasant odour, that can make your clothes smell too. A closet can start to smell because of the lack of light and air circulation in the closet. This quick and inexpensive craft project can help keep your closet smelling clean and fresh, so your clothes smell clean and fresh as well.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Waxed paper
- 56.7gr cedar shavings
- ½ ounce dried pennyroyal
- Rolling pin
- Fine hand-held grater
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Muslin bags
Lay down a large piece of waxed paper onto a flat surface such as a countertop. Put 56.7gr of cedar shavings and ½ ounce of dried pennyroyal onto the paper. Use a rolling pin to crush up the cedar shavings and pennyroyal.
Use a fine, hand-held grater to grate up four cinnamon sticks into a bowl. Toss the ends of the sticks, the part you couldn't grate, into the bowl, too.
Pour the crushed cedar and pennyroyal into the bowl. Use a spoon to toss the mixture together.
Fill empty muslin bags with the mixture. Tie the bags with a string, and lay or hang them in the closet.
Tips and warnings
- You can buy pennyroyal and cedar shavings at most craft or health food stores as well as online.
- Keep this homemade closet freshener away from pets and children. Ingesting pennyroyal in large doses can be dangerous. Cedar shavings can be dangerous to pets.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for