A wig stand is necessary for all wig wearers. A wig without a wig stand is going to get tangled and worn out. If you do not properly take car of your wig, you will end up spending more time trying to fix it than wearing it. You may also have to toss out more wigs because of their less than ideal condition. Save your time and money by building your own wig stand.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 2-liter bottle
- Styrofoam wig head
Clean out your 2-liter bottle with water. Allow the bottle to dry completely.
Insert the funnel into the bottle and pour in the sand. You will want the sand to fill the bottle at least halfway. Place the cap back onto the bottle when you are done.
Center your wig onto the styrofoam wig head and slide onto the top of the bottle. The hole at the bottom of the styrofoam wig head should fit on the bottle.
Comb out the wig so that no strands are out of place.
Place your wig stand in a cool location with little or no humidity.
Tips and warnings
- For longer wigs, position your stand so the strands have room to fall straight down without bunching up at the ends. You could place your wig stand on a stack of books to get more height for the hair to fall straight.
- You may also use water to fill the 2-liter bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for