Cupcakes are big business; there are bakeries all over the world devoted to producing these individual little cakes and nothing else. Cupcakes can be sent by mail as a tasty alternative to flowers, and it is becoming more common to see wedding cakes constructed entirely from cupcakes. If you are experimenting with your own homemade cupcakes, consider stencils as an alternative or as well as frosting. These are ideal for making themed cupcakes, such as hearts for Valentine's Day cupcakes.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Construction or parchment paper
- Small strainer or sifter
- Confectioner's sugar
Cut small shapes out of construction or parchment paper. Choose easy shapes to start with, like a heart or a star.
Position your stencil on top of an unfrosted cupcake.
Dust the top of the cupcake with confectioner's sugar, using the small strainer or sifter.
Remove the stencil.
Tips and warnings
- You can buy a wide selection of ready-made stencils from stores or online that are simple to use; simply hold them over an iced cupcake and add your chosen decorations, such as cocoa, sprinkles and confectioner's sugar. This is a good shortcut if you are not confident in your ability to draw shapes on the construction or parchment paper.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for