Instead of making one large cake, you can use ramekins to make individual-sized cakes. These cakes are quick and easy to make with batter made from scratch or a cake mix. They are ready to eat in less than one hour and are perfect to satisfy any sweet craving.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cake batter
- Eight ceramic or Pyrex ramekins
- Softened butter
- Oven preheated to 218 degrees C (425 degrees F)
Prepare your cake batter, either from scratch or by using a cake mix, following the recipe or package directions.
Generously butter the insides (bottom and sides) of the ramekins.
Pour the batter into the cups, leaving about 2.5 cm (1 inch) of space at the top.
Bake at 218 degrees C (425 degrees F) for about 13 to 14 minutes, until the cakes pull away from the sides of the ramekins.
Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
Run a knife around the edge of the ramekins and remove the cakes by turning them upside down on a serving plate.
Serve with ice cream if desired.
Tips and warnings
- Ramekins are great for chocolate lava cakes, also known as molten cakes, which are baked until the sides are firm but the centres are still soft.
- Ramekins are perfect for baking cakes for a special occasion such as a birthday or Valentine's Day.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for