Sauder, a North American provider of ready-to-assemble furniture, offers more than 500 products that run the gamut from office furniture to bedroom furniture. Some of the furniture that Sauder produces includes computer desks, home entertainment centres, dressers, nightstands and many other items. Sauder also offers a wide variety of furniture styles that include contemporary, country, traditional and transitional. Sauder ready-to-assemble furniture comes with easy to follow instructions that someone with basic skills can complete. One of the components used in Sauder furniture is the hidden cam and cam dowel system, which is used to join adjoining components of Sauder furniture.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flathead screwdriver
- Sauder furniture
- Sauder components, cam and cam dowel
- Sauder instruction book
Place the hidden cam into the large hole of the part. Refer to the instructions for hole locations.
Slide the metal end of the cam dowel into the hole located in the edge of the part and into the hidden cam.
Put the adjoining parts together through inserting the cam dowel into the hole in the adjoining part.
Tighten and lock the cam through turning the cam 210 degrees clockwise using a flat edge screwdriver.
Tips and warnings
- When placing the cam in the large hole, make sure that the arrow of the hidden cam is facing the hole in the edge of the part.
- Cam and cam dowel need to be properly tightened; failure to do so can result in damage to the product and personal injury. Parts that are not tightened properly can separate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for