Getting up to date information on your U.S visa application is a simple process.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet connection
- Receipt number of visa application
Go to the website for The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Type your receipt number into the box midway down the page. This is the 13 character number you were assigned when you applied for your visa. To find it, check the correspondence you have received from the USCIS. Follow all the instructions detailed on the website--omitting any characters or including dashes will result in an error message. After you have typed in your receipt number, hit the enter key. This will give you the approximate processing times for your application.
Create a user account at the USCIS website for more specific information about your visa application. Creating a user account will allow you to receive e-mails and/or text messages giving up-to-date developments about your application.
Follow the steps detailed on the website to input your information and track your visa application.
Tips and warnings
- Any information you submit to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is not confidential, and may be disclosed, distributed, modified, reproduced and used in any manner DHS deems fit.
- Be aware that text messages are subject to standard messaging rates.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for