A colour scheme is one of the first things to consider when you're decorating a room, because you will base many of your decisions on the colours you've chosen. Pink is a warm colour that appeals to many people, especially women. In a carpet, pink can give a room a soft, inviting look or a stylish edge, depending on the specific hue that you choose. Take care, though, as decorating a room with a pink carpet may be more difficult than decorating a room with more neutral flooring.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Complementary or analogous paint
Paint the walls a colour that complements the pink rug. On a colour wheel, a complementary colour is opposite the colour you're using. In the case of pink, green is a complementary colour. You could also choose an analogous colour, which is adjacent to the colour you're using. Analogous colours for pink are violent and purple. Splashes of orange can add drama, and if you're trying to make the room look more masculine, consider pairing the pink with dark brown or grey. White is always a safe choice but best used as an accent colour.
Choose furniture that looks good with the pink carpet. Both black and dark brown furniture, especially if it's modern, work well with pink. White furniture gives a room with pink carpeting a more feminine look.
Accessorise the room with bedding, curtains and accessories to suit the person who spends the most time there. A child might like pink hearts and stuffed animals. A teenage girl might like lots of toss pillows in shades of green, purple and lilac. Or she might go for orange accessories. Floral prints might appeal to some teenage girls, but only those who like a very feminine look. Keep accessories clean and modern for those who shun froufrou. For a couple, a dark brown comforter with pink piping could look appealing, as would a grey comforter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Dream Home Decorating: Psychological Effects Of The Color Pink
- Digs Digs: 15 Cool Ideas For Pink Girls Bedrooms
- Home Decor Resource: Pretty in Pink
- Great Home Decorating: Decorating Color Schemes
- Aisle Dash: Choosing Colors that Go Well Together
- Interior Design It Yourself: Contemporary Decorating with Pink