Adding personal details to all aspects of your wedding will make it uniquely yours. Cutting your cake will be one of the most photographed events of your wedding. Why not add personalised decorations to the cake knife? You don't need to buy an expensive styled-handled knife, any knife will do and it can become a keepsake that will be in your household for many years.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Metal glue
- Flowers, real or fake
- Baby's breath
- Small rings
- Strings of small paper wedding bells or hearts
- Cameo pictures of you and your spouse
Tie ribbons in the same colour of your wedding theme on the end of your knife. At the end of each ribbon tie a charm that represents you and your spouse; for example, consider charms representing a wedding couple, a sports item, a heart or a ring. These charms can later be used to create a bracelet.
Weave a ring of fake or real flowers and slide it around the section of the knife where the handle meets the blade. Glue it in place.
Tie an elegant ribbon in a bow around the upper portion of the knife handle. Incorporate a sprig of baby's breath, a flower, a cluster of pears or two small rings in the centre of the bow.
Take the knife to an engraver and have him add initials or words to the blade. Use your imagination to capture in one word what your marriage means to you.
Glue your and your spouse's gemstones to either side of the knife's upper handle.
Tie strings of small paper wedding bells or hearts to your knife, allowing them to hang off the knife handle.
Glue small cameo pictures of you and your spouse on either side of the knife handle. This works only on a large knife.
Glue decorative pearls down the knife handle on both sides or make a design of your own.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a groom's cake, make a special knife to cut it as well.
- Make sure your decorations are firmly attached to your knife. Due to the blade, be very careful applying your personal decorations.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for