String bracelets are popular among young girls and friendship bracelets are often some of the coolest string bracelets made. These cool string bracelets require few materials and you can make them most anywhere.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 5 feet embroidery floss, one colour
- 5 feet embroidery floss, complementary colour
Fold both pieces of 5-foot embroidery floss in half so one side has four ends. Tie the folded side into a knot.
Pull one of the strings from your starting colour to the side.
Form a triangle with the coloured string you chose to start with and the other three strings. Hold the single string so that it angles from the knot you tied down to the top of an extended pointer finger of the right hand. Hold the group of other 3 strings with your middle, ring and pinky finger of your right hand.
Loop the single string around the group of three and through the triangle shape and make the first knot. Slide the knot up the group of strings until it touches the big knot holding all the strings together. Repeat this action four more times with the same colour to create five knots.
Repeat the same pattern with the second colour and create five knots.
Switch back to first colour. Select the longer of the two strings and create another five knots.
Repeat knotting with the longer string of the second colour again. Continue knotting until the bracelet is long enough to fit on your wrist.
Tie the four loose strings into a knot to keep the smaller knots in place.
Tips and warnings
- Use as many colours and knots as you like.
- Keeping knots in clusters of fives for each colour makes them easy to count.
- You can use a clipboard to secure the knotted end of the bracelet to make it easier to create the knots.
- You can set the strings to go from right to left or from left to right, depending on what is more comfortable for you.
- The more knots and colours you add to your bracelet, the longer and thicker your bracelet will be. If you have too many colours, you will not see a repeating pattern.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for