There is a huge selection of music simulation games available on the market, making it difficult to know which music peripherals are compatible with which games and consoles. Although each game comes with its own branded musical instruments, some work with other software and it is important to know which ones are compatible. Luckily for "Rock Band" owners, the drum set can be used with "Guitar Hero" for PlayStation 3. You need only follow a few steps to be on your way to jamming.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PlayStation 3 console
- "Rock Band" drum set/controller
- "Rock Band" wireless receiver
- Compatible "Guitar Hero" game
Insert the wireless drum receiver for "Rock Band" into the USB port on the front of the PS3 console.
Insert the "Guitar Hero" game into the PS3 console and turn the console on.
Locate and press the "sync" button on the "Rock Band" wireless receiver. You will notice that lights on the console will turn on.
Turn on the "Rock Band" drum set by flipping the switch to "On" on the underside of the drum pads. The "Rock Band" drum set should now be synchronised with the "Guitar Hero" game. Since the "Rock Band" drum set only comes with four drum pads and the standard drum set for "Guitar Hero" has five, "Guitar Hero" will adjust the songs being played so that only four notes appear.
Tips and warnings
- "Guitar Hero" is also compatible with the Rock Band 2 cymbal add-ons in case you have them or wanted to upgrade.
- The "Rock Band" drum set is only compatible with "Guitar Hero World Tour." They will not work with "Guitar Hero III" or "Guitar Hero Aerosmith."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for