If you are stuck for fancy-dress ideas for your child and looking for a different, but "easy pea-sy" kid's costume, then try a garden pea costume based on the humble vegetable. It's quirky and simple to make at home, and it looks almost good enough to eat. Plus, if you have two children who want to dress up together, you can make two pea outfits, so they look like two little peas in a pod.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Green trousers
- Green, long-sleeved T-shirt with hood
- Green felt, 2-foot-by-6-inches
- Green felt, 6-by-3-inches
- 3-inch green pipe cleaner
- 3 green soft balls
- Green shoes
- Green face paints
Cut the 2-foot-by-6-inch piece of green felt the same length as the T-shirt. Glue the felt to the middle of the front of the T-shirt.
Glue one green ball to the centre of the strip of felt. Glue a second ball halfway between the first and the top of the T-shirt. Glue the third halfway between the first ball and the bottom of the T-shirt.
Cut a leaf shape out of the 6-by-3-inch piece of green felt. Glue it to the bottom of the green pipe cleaner to form a "stalk." Glue the stalk piece to the top of the hood of the green T-shirt.
Paint the child's face green with the face paint.
Put on the child's green trousers and shoes. Make him wear the T-shirt with the pea balls facing the front. Pull up the hood to ensure the stem sits in the middle of the top of her head.
Tips and warnings
- Find a T-shirt and trousers that are the same shade of green.
- Alternatively, buy a white T-shirt and trousers; dye them green.
- Three-inch diameter soft green balls make the best peas.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for