If you enjoy playing your PS3 games late at night or when the sound from the games might disturb others, you need to use a headset. The Turtle Beach X1 produces true stereo sound, and the microphone allows you to communicate with fellow gamers in a clear and easy-to-understand tone. Although the engineers at Turtle Beach designed the X1 headset for use with the Xbox and Xbox 360 gaming console, a special adaptor makes connecting the X1 to your PS3 relatively easy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- RCA splitter cable (included with headset)
- USB extension cable (included with the headset)
- Xbox 360 controller and PS3-to-Xbox controller adaptor box (optional but required if you want to use the microphone on the headset)
- Chat communication cable for Xbox 360 controller (included with the headset)
Turn of the PS3 console and television. Disconnect the red and white RCA connectors from the TV that connect to the PS3 console unit (leave the yellow one connected to the TV).
Plug the male ends (red and white) of the RCA splitter cable into the ports on the TV from which you removed the PS3 A/V cables. Plug the red and white RCA cables from the PS3 into the corresponding ports on the RCA splitter.
Plug the green phono plug connector from the Turtle Beach X1 headset into the matching-coloured port on the RCA splitter cable.
Plug the USB extension cable into an empty USB port on the PS3. Connect the USB cable from the headset to the female plug on the extension cable. This cable supplies power to the headset from the PS3.
Plug the adaptor cable from the PS3-to-Xbox controller adaptor into the port usually used for a second PS3 controller (the console has two). Plug the USB cable from the Xbox 360 controller into the controller adaptor box.
Plug the large chat communication cable into the Xbox 360 controller. Connect the small phono plug of the cable into the inline amplifier on the long USB cable attached to the headset (the part with the volume slider control).
Power on the PS3 and television and insert a game disc. You can now hear sound from the game on the headset. If the games supports online chat functions, you can use the microphone on the headset to communicate with other players.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't have an Xbox 360 controller and adaptor box, you can still listen to the sound on the headset. However, you will not be able to use the microphone.
- The X1 headset also has a cable with a pink phono plug connector. This cable is used only when connecting the headset to a PC.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for