Ribbon rosebuds resist wilting, and are customisable to any type and colour of ribbon you have on hand. These flowers are tightly bound and resemble young, fresh flowers. Use these rosebuds in place of real flowers for a wedding bouquet that will last for decades or to add flair to your hair-do. If you want the smell of a real rose, spray a rose-scented perfume on the ribbon rosebuds or sprinkle rosewater into the folds. Create a perfumed floral arrangement for an elegant table piece that is a room freshener.
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1.25 to 6.25 cm (1/2 to 2 1/2 inch) width ribbon
- Spray paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Floral stem wire
- Wire cutters
- Green floral tape
Cut a 1.4 metre (1 1/2 yard) piece of ribbon. Add depth to a larger rosebud by spray painting one edge of the ribbon. Choose a colour one shade darker than the ribbon, and let the paint dry thoroughly before rolling the rosebud.
Glue one end of the ribbon to the floral wire with hot glue, so the edge of the ribbon is parallel to the wire. Cut the end of the floral wire so the rosebud stem is at the length you want for your flower. Fold the end over or cover the end with floral wire to prevent the wire from poking into your skin as you work with the rosebud.
Hold the wire stem in one hand and roll the wire as you guide the ribbon with your other hand. Pinch the ribbon slightly as you roll the ribbon around itself on the end of the wire to make the desired tightness of the rosebud. Roll the entire length of the ribbon around the end of the wire stem.
Wrap a piece of floral tape around the bottom of the rosebud when you reach the end of the ribbon. Make at least two rounds of the tape on the rosebud, making sure the end of the ribbon is held in place. Keep the tape on the bottom portion of the rosebud, and continue to wind the floral tape down the floral wire at least 2.5 cm (1 inch).
Create a bouquet of the same colour and size roses or, for a more natural arrangement, use various colours and widths of ribbons. Choose different lengths of ribbons to make fuller or thinner rosebuds. Add dew drops to the ribbon rosebuds by placing a couple of drops of hot glue on the outside of the petals.
Tips and warnings
- Use wired ribbon for a rosebud that can be moulded.
- The smaller the width of the ribbon used for this project, the smaller the size of the rosebud.
- Choose ribbon that has scalloped or lace edges for a textured appearance.
- Make miniature ribbon rosebuds using sewing needles for the stems and 6.25 mm (1/4 inch) wide ribbon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for