Besides your operating system, your computer also includes another program called the basic input-output system (BIOS), which is used to verify the operation of attached hardware components. The BIOS loads before your operating system and performs several system checks. As with any other type of software, not all hardware is compatible with every BIOS version. You will likely need to upgrade your Award version 6.00PG BIOS if you replace the various components inside your computer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- BIOS Agent update software
Navigate to the BIOS Agent Plus website, and click the blue button labelled "Click here to download BIOS Agent Plus." Click "Save File."
Open the folder where you saved the BIOS Agent Plus file. Double-click the .exe file named "BIOSAgentPlus." Wait for the program to automatically check your current BIOS version and locate the most recent update available.
Scroll down to the "BIOS" heading in the list of detected driver software. Click the blue icon in the "download" column to the right of the "Award" entry. Double-click the BIOS update file after it finishes downloading. Click "Next" at each prompt and then "Finish."
Click "Start," "Shut Down" and "Restart." Wait until you see the "Award Modular BIOS" heading, and tap the "Delete" key to access the BIOS menu.
Scroll down to the "Load Optimized Defaults" option. Press "Enter" and then press "Enter" again to automatically detect the correct BIOS settings. Navigate to the "Save and Exit" set-up option, and press "Enter."
Tips and warnings
- If you need to find your current BIOS version, restart the computer and tap "Delete" to access the BIOS. Locate the "BIOS Version" heading near the top of the screen to find the version number.
- You should update your BIOS only if your computer manufacturer's support has directed you to do so or if your computer crashes frequently. Some of your currently installed hardware or software may not be compatible with the updated BIOS version.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for