Breville first began making kitchen appliances in Australia in 1974, and since that time has grown to become an iconic kitchen brand whose products are sold in more than 30 countries worldwide. Breville are renowned for the quality of products they produce, particularly their slow cookers range. There are currently around 10 different types of slow cookers available from Breville, varying from large banquet meal makers to smaller flavour makers to programmable meal makers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Breville slow cooker
Place the slow cooker on a dry, flat surface. Add ingredients to the pot. Spread ingredients evenly across the bottom of the pot so that they are not all heaped in one area.
Place lid on securely.
Turn the temperature dial to the "Off" position. Insert the connector end of the power cord into the slow cooker. Plug the other end of the power cord into an outlet. Switch the power outlet on.
Turn the temperature dial to the desired setting, or the one listed in the recipe.
When cooking is complete, turn the temperature dial to "Off." Switch the power outlet off. Remove the power plug from the wall, and the connector from the slow cooker.
Serve your meal. Allow adequate time for the pot to cool down before cleaning and storing away.
Tips and warnings
- Vegetables are usually slower to cook than meat, so place them on the bottom with the meat on top.
- Breville slow cookers have a variety of settings. Use the auto setting if you would like to have a meal cook all day while you are at work; the high setting if you are cooking dried beans or want to cook your meal a little quicker. Or alternatively, use the low setting if you wish to cook your food over a long period of time without burning or overcooking the food.
- Always use on a dry, level surface.
- Always use pot holders and oven gloves to remove the lid or pot from slow cooker.
- Beware of steam escaping when you remove the lid.
- To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug, or base in water or other liquid.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for